Sunday, May 3, 2015

Toni's Trip to Caroline's -The True Beauty of Thrift in Aptos, CA


On my way back up the coast last month, I stopped in Aptos (just south of Santa Cruz) and re-visited a favorite thrift shop of mine, Caroline's.  I was really looking forward to seeing it again.  It is a beautiful mixture of clothes and vintage housewares and I love the way that everything is arranged.  Caroline's is in 2 cute cottages not too far off of Highway 1.  They have mostly housewares, but also gently used designer clothes.  During my last visit, I found some very hot designer office wear.  And this visit, I was lucky to find a very cute pair of black lace-up party shoes (see below).   I want to salute the director of Caroline's, Christy, and all of their volunteers.  They have made amazing progress since 2 years ago by expanding to a second cottage and to a space outside.  Also want to mention that they are creating their own aprons out of vintage mid-century materials.  Very worth checking out.  Enjoy!  Toni


Caroline's
Christina Licker, Director
402 Trout Gulch
Aptos, CA 95003
831-662-0327
Carolinesnonprofit@gmail.com
www.carolinesnonprofitthriftshop.org
























No comments:

Post a Comment